Sure Start Childrens Centers provide integrated education, care, and family support and health services. These are key factors in determining good outcomes for children and their families.
Sure Start Newstead Childrens Centre offers a variety of services for families with children 5 years and under.
The pre school Learning Alliance has formed a strong partnership with Sure Start and the two organisations are based in the same building. Services offered from the centre include:
- Child care provision that includes breakfast club, pick up and collection from school and a flexible approach to childcare hours.
- The Health visitor is on site on a Monday morning for support and advice and baby weigh in.
- Stay and play sessions are Term time only, for children 5 and under, Wednesday’s 9.15-11.30am.
- Terrific twos group for 2 hours where parents leave their children to join in with activities that will help children get ready for school.
- A varied Training programme with creche. Toy library. Home visiting, family support, plus volunteering placements and events.
Families are welcome to come and join us. Referalls can also be made through health education and safeguarding teams.
If you would live in Newstead and would like to know more or would like to receive a welcome pack please give us a ring on 01623 753828.We are happy to help.