- 1 What are Christmas village sets called?
- 2 How do you make Christmas village pieces?
- 3 Where is the best Christmas village?
- 4 What Christmas Village is best?
- 5 Are all Christmas villages the same size?
- 6 What scale are Christmas villages?
- 7 Can you mix and match Christmas villages?
- 8 How do you make a Christmas village in a small space?
- 9 How do you hide Christmas Village cords?
What are Christmas village sets called?
A Christmas village (or putz) is a decorative, miniature-scale village often set up during the Christmas season. These villages are rooted in the elaborate Christmas traditions of the Moravian church, a Protestant denomination.
How do you make Christmas village pieces?
How to Create a Christmas Village Display
- Select appropriate size of plywood for your base.
- Determine placement of houses on the plywood and cut circles.
- Attach plywood to saw horses.
- Cut holes in a flat white sheet to match the plywood and set in place.
- Attach street lamps to wood.
- Add your own special touches.
Where is the best Christmas village?
Scroll through these top Christmas towns in the U.S. to instantly get in the holiday spirit.
- Vail, Colorado. Adventure_PhotoGetty Images.
- St. Augustine, Florida.
- North Pole, Alaska. lippyjrGetty Images.
- Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Leavenworth, Washington.
- Woodstock, Vermont.
- Helen, Georgia.
- Newport, Rhode Island.
What Christmas Village is best?
Calling itself the Best Christmas Town in America, Colonial Williamsburg particularly shines at Christmastime. Traditions abound, such as caroling by torchlight, a gun-salute display, and every home in the historic area lighting a candle in their windows—dating back to the days of the Founding Fathers.
Are all Christmas villages the same size?
How Big are Christmas Villages and the Trains that go with Them? Towns – Most name-brand Christmas village structures average between 4.5″ – 8″ in all directions, with a few pieces up to 9″ or 10″ tall. This makes them small enough to fit a nice village on a tabletop or large shelf, and large enough to see clearly.
What scale are Christmas villages?
The buildings in most Christmas villages, such as those made by Lemax and Dept. 56 are around 1:48 (although a shack might actually be modeled in a slightly larger scale and a lighthouse in a smaller scale so the larger buildings don’t overwhelm the smaller ones). Most Lemax and Dept. 56 figures are about 1:32.
Can you mix and match Christmas villages?
5. Don’t be afraid to mix and match building sizes. You don’t have to buy your houses all from one set.
How do you make a Christmas village in a small space?
Small Spaces to Display Your Christmas Village
- Your fireplace mantel in a long village display.
- A bookshelf in front of books or after the books have been cleared.
- On top of kitchen cabinets if there is space between the cabinets and ceiling.
- Floating shelves hung on the wall.
- Window sills if your pieces are small.
How do you hide Christmas Village cords?
Trees, fences, ponds, lights, signs, and people will bring your village to life. Fluff and shape village trees for a more realistic look. Use mirrors to create ponds for skaters and boats. Fencing and rock wall accessories are another great way to hide cords.